Monday, August 22, 2011

Back to School 2011-2012

Today was the first day of school for Rio and Ravyn. 

Rio is in the preschool program at a local church.

IMG_6810IMG_6816

And Ravyn is officially in kindergarten at the public elementary school behind our house, West Navarre Primary.

IMG_6822IMG_6823

The two of them together are the cutest and smartest duo around!!

IMG_6833IMG_6842

After taking way more pictures than they would have liked, we all got ourselves together to walk Ravyn to school.

Instead of a 45 minute commute, like last year, we walk along our fence and we’re there!  It’s fabulous!

IMG_6843IMG_6845

Once inside, we walked Ravyn to her classroom, saw her cubby,

IMG_6853

took a few more pictures,

IMG_6855 cropped

and said goodbye.  Our school policy is to have the kids wait in the hall until the bell rings.  Here’s a look at Ravyn sitting with her new friends.  If look closely at the arm she’s waving it’s not saying goodbye, it’s shooing us away!  Typical Ravyn, she is so confident that she doesn’t need mom and dad hovering around.  So, off we went.

IMG_6859

Next up, I dropped Rio of at his school.  We had to wait for the classroom to be ready, so Rio looked for his name.

IMG_6866

And when it was time, he walked right in without a care.

IMG_6871

I’ll admit that coming home alone was really hard.  I haven’t been without a child at home since Ravyn was born!  Even though it is bittersweet, I can’t wait to see what the two of them will accomplish this year.  Ravyn is already reading and loves math and Rio is counting to 20 and LOVES playing with his cars.  To imagine them growing even more is amazing!  I am so proud to be their mom!

No comments: