Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Off to a great start!

This school year is one of many firsts for Ravyn.  Not only is she starting kindergarten, but she’s starting public school for the first time.  Since just before she turned 2 she has been a Montessori child, and still is as far as I’m concerned, but this year we made the switch to traditional school to end our 90 minute commute among other things.

With a new school, new teachers, and a new methodology I wasn’t sure how she would react.  She does still ask to go back to her old school, but she is enjoying the art, music, and PE classes that were not available at her old school.

Anyway, today I was delighted to find a small sticky from Ravyn’s teacher in her binder.  Of course, I know that Ravyn is a wonderful little girl, but having the teacher add a little something extra made me glow with pride!

004

No comments: