Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Winter Feast

Last Saturday was the annual Winter Feast for Montessori School of Navarre, the school Ravyn attends.
The evening started with a parade of wreaths. Silly me, I thought the students were supposed to decorate their wreaths, but I think everyone except Ravyn carried a wreath decorated with decorations their parents brought. I probably would have taken the easy way out if I knew it was going to be like that, but Ravyn and I had a great time making all of the ornaments.
Here she is with her wreath.


We dipped yarn in a mixture of glue and water, wrapped it around balloons, and sprinkled glitter on them. Then, we went on a pine cone hunt around our house and painted them with the same glue mixture and sprinkled with glitter.
After the parade, it was on to the performances. Ravyn's class sang a few songs

and then she danced with her dance class.
I couldn't get enough of her in her costume!

We took some time to eat and Ravyn presented us with a gift.

A sock snowman made with the help of Ms. Celi, her Spanish teacher.
And, towards the end of the evening, we heard some bells jingling. Ravyn was so excited to see who it was.

It was Santa Claus, of course, and both kids took turns sitting on his lap.


No comments: