Last weekend, we celebrated Rio’s 3rd birthday! He is growing into the most wonderful little man! I mean, who wouldn’t want to hug and squeeze this little face?
Because we were going out to celebrate his birthday, we did things backwards and did cake and presents first.
I’m not sure he made a wish, but how could it not come true with so much effort to blow out the candle!
He definitely loved opening all of the gifts! But see that little Sandy dog in the background?
She thought it was her turn to open presents!
And here’s the birthday boy with some of his gifts. He was so excited to receive a remote control car, airplane, and all sorts of monster truck stuff!!
Once we finished at the house, we went to Juana’s, a local beachfront restaurant, for their annual Rubber Duck Derby.
They had all sorts of activities for the kids like animals from the zoo and a bounce house, but none of us could wait until it was time for the Derby.
After the Navarre King of the Krewe welcomed us,
they dropped the ducks in the water and invited the kids to come and help kick the water to get them on their way.
We didn’t win the $500, $275, or $125 top prizes, but we had a ton of fun!
Happy Birthday my precious Rio! You bring so much joy to our family and those around you. You are filled with more energy than I can sometimes handle, but I wouldn’t change you a bit! Your teachers have stopped to tell me what a great listener you are and how much the other kids in class like you. You’ve been riding your scooter and bike all year trying to keep up with your sister, who also happens to be your best friend. I couldn’t ask for a better son. You surprise me on a daily basis with the things you know and do and to top it off, you have the sweetest heart! It never gets old hearing you say, “Mah-ee, I wuh you!”
No comments:
Post a Comment