Thursday, May 28, 2009

Exploring the Exploreum

I know we just moved to Florida and should be exploring the area near us, but this past weekend it was pouring down rain, so we decided to drive to Mobile, Alabama to visit the Gulf Coast Exploreum Science Center. About an hour and a half away, the drive wasn't bad and the Exploreum was tons of fun.
Here are Ravyn and her Dad running around, looking at their images and exploring the many shapes you can make with a spinning string.


And Ravyn and I explored an optical illusion, having our heads served on a platter.

They also have some rotating exhibits. Right now, the exhibit is "Hands-on Body." Take a look at Ravyn trying her hand at endoscopic surgery!
After a long day at the Exploreum, we made our way to Felix's Fish Camp, a restaurant recommended by a tourist brochure I picked up.
We had to wait longer than I would have liked, but Ravyn kept us entertained petting the alligator.
Once we got seated it was well worth the wait. The restaurant sat on the Gulf with a beautiful view and, of course, great food. One comment about the Gulf- while be surrounded by water is beautiful, the gulf is not. All of the water was completely brown!!!

No comments: