Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Zoo

Monday, the weather was great and we decided to make our first trip to The Zoo with Ravyn's friend A, whose mother we went to high school with.
It's pretty small place so I wasn't sure what to expect, but it turned out to be really nice.
We started the morning with a train ride around the zoo grounds, which are almost breathtakingly beautiful.
We even stopped at the hippo pond to get a closer look.

After that, it was off to see the other animals, like this chimpanzee (if I remember correctly) up in the tree.
And Ravyn even got to dig for dinosaur bones...
and fed the animals.
But her favorite part of all was finding a feather. She was so excited to go home and show Daddy what she had found. I think you can see her pride oozing out from this picture.
Finally, like any good mother, my favorite part is the memories I captured with my camera. Not only do I have a beautiful butterfly,

but two adorable kids (minus the little boy not smiling).

No comments: