Saturday, September 19, 2009

Rio's 1st Birthday Party


We all had a blast at Rio's 1st birthday party! We had it here, at the house, with about 20 close friends and family.
Here's a look at things while we were getting set up.


I made a cupcake tower with a small smash cake at the top. The cupcake toppers read, "It's fun to be one!" and "Happy Birthday, Rio."


I also made a banner of his first year in pictures.


For the kids that came, we made an ocean in a bottle and they each got some Play Dough and a mini M&M tube.

I thought since we had already had a small family birthday, a few days earlier, that Rio would for sure blow out his candle, but he just looked at Dad with an "Are you crazy?" look.


Oh well, once the kids helped to blow out his candle, he helped himself to some cake.

And, in the blink of an eye, he was licking the last of it off of his fingers.
Okay, I lied. He didn't eat the whole thing, but I did have to take it away from him for fear that he would!!
At the end of the day it was time for presents.

And being a good big sister, Ravyn helped him open everything.

No comments: