Over the last few days, I've been working on my latest DIY project, tiling the bathrooms, kitchen, breakfast room, and laundry room. I chose the smallest room, the guest bath, to begin with, which was not the smartest decision if you have ever tiled before, but I thought it would be best to keep any mistakes contained in a small area versus a more noticeable large area.
So, while Jamie was at work, I laid out all of the tiles, made the necessary cuts, and dry-fitted them, so that all that was left was to mix the thinset and have a gorgeous floor!
Here's a look at the work in progress...
Looking pretty good, right?
Look a little closer.
You see those dark spots near the the tub?
No? Let me help you out.
See?!!
This folks is why you should never DIY in front of a 2-year-old boy or more importantly why no one should ever leave the door unlocked to a work in progress!
The story goes...As Mom was taking a shower this morning, Dad heard a little tap, tap, tap.
As Dad went to investigate, Mom stepped out of the shower. No sooner had Mom stepped foot on the ground than she heard Dad mumble some words that shall not be repeated. As parents we all know that that can never mean something good. It turns out Rio decided he wanted to do a little DIY by hammering away on our new tile floor!
Lesson learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment