Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Our American Hero




A while back, my mom and step-dad made a trip to New York City and found a beautiful framed print of the American flag with the title "Our American Hero" and a cut-out to add a picture. I fell in love with it, but knew it would be hard convincing Jamie to put on his dress blues for a picture. When I asked, he said, "What's wrong with the picture in there, that guy's a good looking dude!"


So, fast-forward to today. Jamie had an inspection for his service dress and I wasn't about to let him leave the house without a picture!! He is the most humble of anyone I know, but I am also the proudest wife and loudest supporter of him. Take a look at his shirt, he's up to 19 ribbons! I asked if anyone else had as many as him and he said only some of the Master Sergeants who are the next rank and about 6 years ahead of him.

For all of you military vets or enthusiasts, here's the rundown.
1. AF Commendation Medal
2. AF Achievement Medal
3. Army Achievement Medal
4. AF Outstanding Unit Award with Valor
5. Combat Readiness Medal
6. AF Good Conduct Medal
7. National Defense Service Medal
8. Kosovo Campaign Medal
9. Afghanistan Campaign Medal
10. Iraq Campaign Medal
11. Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
12. Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
13. Korean Defense Service Medal
14. AF Overseas Ribbon Short tour
15. AF Overseas Ribbon Long tour
16. AF Longevity Service
17. USAF NCO PME Graduate Ribbon
18. AF Training Ribbon
19. NATO Medal
***The devices on the ribbons are for receiving the ribbon multiple times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jamie could be on a poster for the military. He looks outstanding. Appears that a successful career and a beautiful, smart family can certainly put a smile on a guy's face!! Thank you Jamie for serving our country and congratulations on your success.